DJ AM, the high-profile disc jockey who was found dead last week in his Manhattan apartment, had seven pills in his system when his body was discovered, a city official said on Wednesday night.
Investigators who showed up at his SoHo apartment on Friday — the same day he was scheduled to perform in Las Vegas — found a crack pipe and unspecified prescription pills near his body, leading them to speculate that DJ AM, 36, whose real name was Adam Goldstein, had accidentally overdosed. Mr. Goldstein had struggled with alcohol and drug addiction as a young adult, but said he had been sober for about 11 years, reports New York Times.
DJ AM was laid to rest in a private ceremony Wednesday (September 2) in Los Angeles, according to UsMagazine.com.
Guests, including AM's girlfriend Hayley Wood and friend/ collaborator Travis Barker, former fiancee Nicole Richie and Good Charlotte's Joel and Benji Madden, gathered at Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary in Los Angeles at around 3 p.m. local time for the funeral service, according to the report.
Barker — who had been on tour with Blink-182 but postponed three shows in the wake of AM's death — reportedly paid his respects and threw dirt on the coffin. He and Wood reportedly hugged at one point, and walked side by side with AM's family and friends, MTV.com informs.
Medicinal properties of Nigella sativa (nutmeg flower) herb, which is commonly used in culinary as a seasoning, against COVID-19 have not been fully proven