Everybody seems to know how to kiss. The question is: Are you aware of a variety of interesting facts and details about a kiss? Is kissing good or bad for you? How do they do it in Japan, France and other countries? Can you slim down by kissing too much? Below are some of the most curious things about kissing.
1. An act of kissing puts 29 facial muscles in motion. In other words, kissing can be used as an effective exercise to prevent the development of wrinkles.
2. Lovers swap saliva containing various substances e.g. fats, mineral salts, proteins while kissing. According to latest studies, the exchange of the above substances can give a boost to the production of antibodies which are made specifically to deal with the antigens associated with different diseases as they are encountered.
3. As a rule, 66 percent of people keep their eyes closed while kissing. The rest take pleasure in watching the emotions run the gamut on the faces of their partners.
4. According to U.S. statistics, an American woman would kiss an average of 80 men before she gets married.
5. A quick romantic kiss will burn about 2-3 calories, whereas French kiss (an openmouthed kiss with tongue contact) will obliterate more than 5 calories.
6. Sensitivity of the lips is 200 times higher than that of the fingers.
7. It is thought that men who kiss their wives goodbye before going to work live five years longer than those who just slam the door. Men of the latter category are said to be more prone to traffic accidents.
8. Smooching passionately for 90 seconds will elevate blood pressure and cause the pulse rate to go racing. It will also increase the level of hormones in the blood, thus reducing life by one minute.
9. French kiss is called a “juncture of souls” in France. Not only the lips do the job, the tongues come into play too. The passionate French invented another variety of the soul kiss in which only the tongues are employed.
10. Contrary to a popular belief, the Eskimos do not merely rub their noses against each other in a display of love and affection. The lips open up a bit once the olfactory organs of the kissing partners meet. Then the Eskimos take a deep breath and send the air out while holding their lips closed. After savoring the scent of each other, the partners press noses against each other’s cheeks and freeze for a minute of two.
11. Kissing in public is usually frowned upon in Japan, Taiwan, China and Korea. A typical Japanese kiss seems to be designed to reproach the loose morals of the West. At best, it looks like an innocuous kind of billing and cooing Soviet teenagers would practice on their first date in the early 1970s. Two Japanese are supposed to maintain a certain distance before they dare bow their heads and kiss each other on the lips for a second.
12. The bodies of those engaged in kissing produce a substance that is 200 times more powerful than morphine in terms of narcotic effect. That is why the kissing partners can experience feelings of euphoria and bliss in the process.
13. Kissing can help women relax and ease the effects of stress.
14. On the average, a person spends 20,160 minutes (two weeks) of his life on kissing.
15. A kiss that lasts one minute can relieve your body of 26 calories.
16. Every other person on the planet has his first amorous kiss before reaching the age of 14.
Arguments and Facts
Translated by Guerman Grachev
President Joe Biden will soon regurgitate on the public the words of George W. Bush uttered in 2002