To this day, All-Russia Exhibition Center (former VDNKh) is one of the largest Moscow attractions.
Only few people know about numerous mystical secrets linked to this grand monument to the Soviet era.
The exhibition was established by Stalin’s decree on February 17, 1935 as the All-Union Agricultural Exhibition (VSKhV). The Exhibition was located in the area near Ostankino Park.
Initially, the Exhibition was to open in 1937, but it was only opened in 1939. The gigantic complex covered the area of 136 hectares and included 250 structures not counting ponds and parks.
They say that the now closed Beskudnikovo metro station was functioning at the time and was used to bring the cattle to the Exhibition.
During World War II the Exhibition was closed. Pavilions did not work, and anti-aircraft batteries were installed on VSKhV territory. Only in 1948 the State ordered to resume the work of the Exhibition Center starting 1950. The re-opening was postponed till 1954.
On May 1st, 1958 VSKhV metro station was opened. On December 12, 1959 the park was renamed to The Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy, and the metro station was renamed to VDNKh. In 1992 the Exhibition Center was renamed again and is now called All-Russia Exhibition Center.
The task to design the Exhibition was given to architect Vyacheslav Oltarzhevsky. The original design of the complex resembled the solar system. Mechanization square was the center of the Exhibition. It looked like the Sun surrounded by nine planets-pavilions.
Other sources suggest that Mechanization square symbolized the Tree of Life with four roads coming out of it. According to the architect’s plan, a huge statue of Lenin was to be placed in the center of the square. The entire system was inscribed into an octagon. There were multiple symbols of Christian, Buddhist and Hindu mythology “coded” in the project.
Esoteric specialists are convinced that in reality the grandiose buildings of VDNKh were cult sanctuaries. Marxist philosophy represented a cult of materialism that in the public mind was represented by food – meat, milk, and bread.
Oltarzhevsky never brough his plans to reality. He was arrested, and sent to a Siberian camp where he had to build barracks for prisoners. Other specialists had to finish the Exhibition design.
Oltarzhevsky was released in 1942. He came back to Moscow and became Stalin’s personal consultant in skyscrapers. The rumor has it that the architect never visited VDNKh.
The initial design was radically altered. Lenin’s sculpture was removed from the design, and a statue of Stalin was replaced with the fountain Peoples’ Friendship.
In 1961, after Gagarin’s space visit, the monument “To the Conquerors of Space” was erected near the main entrance. A copy of Gagarin’s rocket was installed on Mechanization square, the same place where Oltarzhevsky planned to erect Lenin’s statue.
We can suggest that Stalin knew people who had mystical knowledge and advised him to create a cult complex to enhance Bolsheviks’ power. For the system to work, all the elements had to be coordinated.
It may explain the absence of statues of the proletarian leaders that could have ruined the spatial balance. Most likely, Oltarzhevsky was removed from the project because his design was too independent. Who knows what Russia would be like if the initial design would have worked.
In Crimea, morgues can no longer handle the inflow of dead bodies due to an increase in mortality among COVID-19 patients