A secret witness claims that it was a Ukrainian Su-25 aircraft that downed the Malaysian Boeing, flight MH-17, near Donetsk, in the summer of 2014. The Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, whose journalists interviewed the unnamed witness, said that on July 17, two Ukrainian military aircraft were shot down in the war zone, and the pilot of the third fighter jet fired an air-to-air missile into the Malaysian Boeing.
The man claims that on that day of the tragedy, he was staying on the air base in the village of Aviatorskoe, near Dnepropetrovsk. He could see what weapons the departing and returning warplanes were flying with. He could also hear comments from pilots.
According to him, there were two aircraft that were outfitted with air-to-air missiles. Earlier, the ammunition had been decommissioned, although later, in connection with an "urgent order," the resource was extended. "No, he could not mix it up. The missiles differ in size, fin assembly and coloration. It is very easy to identify them. After a while, only one plane returned, two others were shot down somewhere in the east of Ukraine, as I was told. Only one plane returned, on which those missiles had been mounted. The aircraft returned without the missiles. The pilot was very scared," the unnamed witness told the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.
The witness believes that the man, who shot down the passenger plane, was captain Vladislav Voloshin, from the city of Nikolaev. "I know the pilot a little. It is quite possible that when two fighters were shot down in front of his eyes, he could fire the missiles out of freight or revenge. Maybe he took it for some other combat aircraft," the witness said.
"The phrase that he said when he was taken off the plane was: "The wrong plane." Later in the evening, another pilot asked Voloshin what happened to the plane. He replied: "The plane was in the wrong place at the wrong time."
The man, who allegedly was staying at the air base near Dnepropetrovsk on July 17, said that representatives of the Kiev authorities lied when they said that there were no sorties made the day, when the Malaysian Boeing was shot down above Ukraine. According to him, warplanes would fly operationally every day, including during the truce. He also said that the Ukrainian aviation used volume-detonating and cluster bombs.
The man decided to come to Russia and talk to journalists, because the Security Service of Ukraine and the National Guard intimidated everyone in Ukraine. "People can be beaten for any careless word they say. They can be jailed for any insignificant suspicion of being sympathetic to Russia or the militia," the man said.
Representatives of the Defense Ministry of the People's Republic of Donetsk said that all reasoned and unbiased people believed from the beginning that it was a Ukrainian fight jet that downed the Boeing, RIA Novosti reports.
"The witness, whom the journalists found, only confirmed some details of the event. We hope that the witness will be able to speak at court against those guilty of the tragedy," Donetsk officials added. "Now we know the executor of the crime, and it is very important to bring the perpetrators to justice," they added.
Noteworthy, the valuable witness could receive a reward of 30 million dollars, if he addressed to a private German detective agency that investigates the crash of the Malaysian Boeing. The reward for the information that could shed light on the circumstances of the crash of the Malaysian Boeing, flight MH-17, was announced in September.
The crash of Boeing 777 of Malaysia Airlines, en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, took place on July 17 about in the Donbass region of Ukraine at 16:20 local time. Supposedly, the plane was shot down at an altitude of over 9,000 meters. All passengers and crew of the Malaysian Boeing - 298 people - were killed in the crash. The first investigation report prepared by the Security Council of the Netherlands was published in early September. The document did not provide any specific conclusions onto why the passenger jetliner collapsed in the air.
Up to 16,000 military men of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have been entrapped near the towns of Severodonetsk and Lysichansk