The brutal dispersal of demonstrators, curfews, power operations, etc. Today, few can predict how events will unfold in Egypt, even in the next few hours. There are too many of those who have an interest in bloodshed and chaos. But chaos can not be manipulated, and the result may not be the one that "architects of Arab Spring" were expecting.
The intention of the Egyptian authorities to disperse the tent camp in Cairo became known a few days ago. On Sunday (August 11), a source at the Interior Ministry told the BBC that the police were seriously preparing for the operation. On Wednesday morning (August 14), the Egyptian Interior Ministry began to disperse the tent camps that were located near Rabia al-Adaviyya mosque and the University of Cairo. According to eyewitness, riot police used tear gas against protesters. The two areas, where the tents were located, were encircled by armored vehicles.
By afternoon, the Egyptian police had cleared the area near the University of Cairo. Later during the day, the Ministry reported that they had gained full control over the main stronghold of supporters of the former president - the square near Rabia al-Adaviya. Even though the demonstrators had been dispersed near the mosque, clashes continued in several other areas of Cairo and in several provinces of the country. The data on the number of casualties were rather contradictory.
As reported by the Egyptian Ministry of Health, as many as 278 people were killed and more than 2,000 were injured as a result of the clashes. The head of the Interior Ministry said that 43 law enforcement officers, including two generals had been killed. According to statements from Muslim Brotherhood movement, nearly 3,000 demonstrators were killed and more than 10,000 were injured. That is, in their version, the result of the operation to disperse the tent camp in Cairo. In addition, Muslim Brotherhood reported that most of the victims suffered gunshot wounds. Other sources did not confirm the information.
Riots broke out across Egypt
Egypt's Interior Ministry suspended the rail service between the capital and the rest of the country to avoid the spread of riots. The measure did not prove to be very helpful: clashes immediately spread over to other Egyptian cities. Leaders of Muslim Brotherhood called on their supporters to take to the streets to condemn the destruction of camps in the capital.
Clashes between Islamists and security forces, except for a few districts of Cairo, take place in Alexandria, Minya, Sohag, Assiut. In these provinces, Islamists threw firebombs at Coptic churches. According to local media, were seven Orthodox churches were set ablaze. Clashes also occurred in the resort city of Hurghada: one person was killed and 14 were injured.
The curfew and state of emergency
Adly Mansour, the interim head of Egypt, issued a decree on Wednesday (August 14) that introduced of a state of emergency throughout the state for on month. This document stipulates for the full participation of armed forces and police in special operations against Muslim Brotherhood. The cabinet supported the initiative of the head of state, having introduced curfew in eleven provinces of the country.
In particular, in South Sinai, where popular resorts of Dahab, Sharm El Sheikh and Taba are located, people will be banned from staying outside from 19.00 to 06.00 for one month, while the state of emergency is in effect. Violations will be punishable by imprisonment. For journalists, the government made an exception.
The resignation of the Vice-President
Vice-President for International Affairs of Egypt, Mohamed ElBaradei, stepped down, thereby expressing his opposition to military ways of solving the political crisis. "I found it hard to answer for the decisions with which I personally do not agree. Moreover, I fear possible consequences," - said ElBaradei. - "I do not want to be responsible for the bloodshed." According to him, there were real options for a peaceful resolution of the situation in the country. Violence in Egypt will only play into the hands of extremist groups that call for terror.
Who profits from chaos in Egypt?
It is quite obvious that the unrest in Egypt is being manipulated by someone. Someone benefits from such events. Most likely, the situation is being controlled from the outside. Washington is interested in weak Islamists, although the Americans can not organize riots alone. They are not used to acting so - the U.S. act very cleverly.
There is a number of countries in the Gulf that have experienced severe discomfort over the success of "Islamic democracy" in Egypt. In Egypt, there is a very complex set of forces, consisting of the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
Of course, they operate under indirect support and approval from Washington. The West is eager to get rid of Morsi (already done) and have another puppet appointed as the Egyptian president to recreate the corrupt model. Now Washington needs to get someone involved to deal with Muslim Brotherhood. The plan is simple and it is being implemented.
How to restore order in the country?
This is a matter of concern to many analysts, politicians and ordinary citizens of Egypt. Everybody understands that while the United States is interested in destabilization and chaos, it will be extremely difficult to do it. If one continues to address all issues with the use of force, the situation threatens to escalate into a real civil war. A similar situation is taking place in Syria, with Washington's participation as well.
Therefore, all parties to the conflict should sit down at the negotiating table and demonstrate mastery of diplomacy. China's Foreign Ministry suggested a way out, having urged all political forces in Egypt to resolve differences through dialogue only. "Beijing has been following with deep concern the situation in Egypt, calling on all political forces to avoid casualties and violence, and do everything possible to restore public security and stability in the country," said Hong Lei, a spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
We can only hope that Egyptian politicians will listen to these words and will not succumb to American provocation.
Up to 16,000 military men of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have been entrapped near the towns of Severodonetsk and Lysichansk