The main Juma Mosque of Tatarstan and Kazan

Muslims of Russia and the rest of the world mark their prime holiday - Eid Al-Adha festival. In 2015, this festival falls on September 24-26.



During the defense of Kazan in 1552, the old mosque burnt to the ground. In 1995, Tatarstan President Mantimer Shaimiyev signed a decree to restore the Kul-Sharif Mosque

The Kul Sharif Mosque opened on June 24, 2005 to coincide with the 1,000th anniversary of Kazan.

The building of the mosque is beautifully illuminated at night.

The height of each of the four main minarets (prayer towers) of the mosque is 55 meters. The dome of the mosque is adorned with various forms associated with the image and ornament of the crown of Kazan khans. The crown is currently kept at the Moscow Armoury

The building of the mosque can house 1,500 people. Another 10,000 can accommodate themselves on the square in front of the mosque