While the five contenders awaiting in anxiety the decision of International Olympic Committee for the bid of 2012 Olympics, IOC president Jacques Rogge is rushing things up.
Rogge issued a message Tuesday for the four cities which don't get the 2012 Olympics: Try again for 2016.
"In view of their assets and qualities, we would, of course, be very pleased to see at future elections the cities not chosen now," Rogge said as he officially opened the 117th IOC session Tuesday night, reports the AP.
"They should know that the quality of their candidature file would give them an excellent chance."
Rogge said the losing cities would be "deeply disappointed, but they should know that a candidature, even if not selected, leaves a tangible legacy."
London, Madrid, Moscow, New York and Paris are competing in what Rogge has described as the most prestigious contest for any Olympics. The International Olympic Committee will select the winner Wednesday.
On other issues, Rogge said the IOC has made big progress in the fight against doping - "our first priority" - at last year's Athens Olympics and 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City.
"This reinforces the trust of the athletes in clean competition, and that of the general public in the image of the Games," he said.
Rogge said the IOC will continue to support the World Anti-Doping Agency and expand drug testing for next year's Winter Games in Turin, Italy, the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and Vancouver's Winter Games in 2010.
Opinion on Moscow's bid for 2012 Olympics you can read here
The head of the Voronezh region, Alexander Gusev, confirmed the death of Major General Vladimir Zavadsky.