Survivors and families of those killed in terrorist attacks worldwide were to gather on Monday for an international two-day conference here to share their tragical experiences and discuss ways to fight the terror.
Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia will open the meeting, which is expected to be attended by 600 people, organizers said.
Other participants include EU Justice Commissioner Franco Frattini who is scheduled to give opening remarks about terrorism within the European Union.
The first International Congress on Victims of Terrorism was held in Madrid in 2004, six weeks before the March train bombings in the Spanish capital killed 191 people and wounded more than 1,500. The second was held last year in Bogota, Colombia.
"Spain is a good example when we're talking about protecting people who have suffered the phenomenon of terrorism, and how to face it," said Maite Pagazaurtundua from the Spanish Foundation of Terrorism Victims and whose brother was killed by the armed Basque separatist group ETA in 2003.
She said victims need to be taken into account, reports the AP.
During a videoconference meeting with students on January 25, Russian President Vladimir Putin answered the question about the "palace," which, as Alexey Navalny claims, is being built especially for the president