Australian pop star Kylie Minogue is still being treated for breast cancer, but the disease has not recurred since surgery last year, the singer's official publicist said in a statement released Friday. The statement, released through Minogue's record label, EMI, was issued after The Sun newspaper reported that the 37-year-old star had finished chemotherapy and had been declared free of cancerous cells. The statement said an operation in May to remove the cancer was successful. "Since that time Kylie has been undergoing treatments to prevent a return of the cancer," the statement said. "Kylie remains keen to return to work and in particular to reschedule the Showgirl Tour of Australia.
"Fortunately we are still able to say we have received no news of a reoccurrence of the cancer; however at this point in time Kylie's treatments are continuing." Minogue underwent chemotherapy in Paris following her surgery in Melbourne, and now reportedly is back in Australia.
Australian music guru Ian "Molly" Meldrum told Britain's ITV television network that Minogue's treatment "was quite severe and probably Kylie was a lot sicker than most of us thought." "But now, obviously, she is coming home for a little while and, as I say, the chemo is finished and I guess that she is now well on her way to recovery," he said, reports the AP. N.U.
Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky fears that his country may split into two similarly to the Korean scenario.