The Interior Ministry corrected its facts Monday, saying only four _ not all five _ of the militants killed in last week's battle in Dammam were on the Most Wanted list.
The ministry said that DNA testing had proved it was not Mohammed Abdel-Rahman Mohammed al-Suwailmi who was killed in the three-day shootout with security forces, but his brother Ahmed.
Ahmed is not on the kingdom's list of Most Wanted terrorist suspects.
The ministry statement, which was published by the official Saudi Press Agency, said the family had informed the police that Ahmed had left home three months ago.
The battle in the eastern city of Dammam was one of the fiercest in months. Four policemen were killed. It ended on Sept. 6 when security forces finally stormed the seaside villa that the militants had taken over, AP reported.
The West is waging a hybrid war against Russia with the help of Ukraine, Secretary of the Russian Security Council Nikolai Patrushev said