North Korea said it will not return to six-nation talks on its nuclear program until the week of September 12, blaming the delay on military exercises between the US and South Korea.
A foreign ministry spokesman quoted by the official KCNA news agency said the delay in the discussions, which had been due to resume in Beijing this week, was due to the war games which he likened to 'spitting' at the North.
"It is unimaginable for (North Korea) to sit at the negotiating table with the United States at a time when the powder-reeking war exercises targeted against it are under way," the spokesman said.
He said Pyongyang wants to resume the talks during the week of September 12 when the dust has settled from the annual war games, which began on August 22 and which North Korea has said could be a trial run for an invasion, reports Forbes.
The Russian military have already achieved significant success in the demilitarization of the Armed Forces of Ukraine