An actress of the controversial film "Innocence of Muslims" is going to sue the filmmakers. The woman claims that she became a victim of fraud. She also demands the video should be removed from the Internet.
The Supreme Court of Los Angeles received a fraud and defamation lawsuit against one of the producers "Innocence of Muslims." The plaintiff - Cindy Lee Garcia - played a role in the 14-minute video, which appeared on the web last week. The actress claims the film should be removed from YouTube. The woman also intends to bring the management of the video hosting portal and Google, which owns the portal, to justice, reports NTV.
The actress seeks a compensation for moral damages, because the video in its current form is a deadly threat to the woman and her family. The plaintiff says in her lawsuit that she has become a victim of fraud and experienced enormous stress because of the video. In addition, she was deprived of the opportunity to financially maintain her grandchildren.
The members of the shooting team said before that the authors of the film used them without informing the people of their true intentions. According to them, the English soundtrack was scored after the work on the film was over. The soundtrack, they said, did not coincide with the original script.
Massive actions of protest against the American film about Prophet Muhammad have swept across Yemen, Egypt, Iran, Libya, Azerbaijan and other Muslim countries. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called the video offensive and stated that it was aimed to incite intolerance and bloodshed.
Subscribe to Pravda.Ru Telegram channel, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, RSS!
A massive air strike with the use of cruise missiles and combat drones was launched on Kyiv on Friday, June 2 at night