The morning at Savannah Elementary School on Thursday turned into chaos. 19 people got to the hospital under suspicion of fume poisoning.
Shortly after 8 a.m. 16 children and 3 adults complained of minor eye irritation and one of the adults also complained of moderate difficulty in breathing. This all was caused by a mysterious “minty smell.”
At hospital the victims were examined and their conditions were not considered life-threatening.
The police started an investigation to trace down the reason and the source of “minty smell”, but still no answer is found. According to some reports it might have been a chlorine leak.