Natalee Holloway's father to search for evidence

American teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared on May 30, 2005 during a graduation trip in Ariba. Her father is hiring people to search the waters of Aruba this weekend following the re-arrest of three suspects in the case.

Dave Holloway does not require official permission and police will not be involved in the search, prosecutor Dop Kruimel told The Associated Press.

He did not say what prompted the upcoming search, and Holloway could not be reached for comment Thursday, but the island's chief prosecutor, Hans Mos, said the father recently told police that he has a clue to his daughter's disappearance.

"We have no indications what he is looking for," Mos said. "Police are not involved because he has information that we don't have ... Anything that helps is fine with us."

On Wednesday, authorities announced they had re-arrested Dutch student Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, on suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily harm that resulted in the death of Holloway.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was last seen leaving a bar with the three men on May 30, 2005, hours before she was scheduled to board a plane home with high school classmates celebrating their graduation on the Dutch Caribbean island. She was 18 at the time.

Hundreds of volunteers, Aruban soldiers, police and FBI agents - even Dutch air force planes - searched for the missing teen, but no trace was ever found of her.

"It's just renewed some hopes that the police are going to find answers to this disappearance of our daughter," Dave Holloway told Associated Press Television News on Wednesday.

Van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers previously had been detained on suspicion of involvement in the woman's death, but they denied involvement and a judge released them for lack of evidence.

Van der Sloot, 20, was re-arrested in the Netherlands, where he was attending a university. The Kalpoe brothers - Deepak is 24, Satish, 21 - were taken into custody in Aruba.

Authorities said that "further investigation into the disappearance has led to new incriminating evidence."

Van der Sloot's mother, Anita, denied her son was arrested and said he was merely being taken to Aruba "for a final reconstruction."

She said by telephone that investigators had recently questioned her family and that that of the Kalpoe brothers.

"The questions they asked were so obvious: things like, 'Why did Joran leave his shoes on the beach,"' she said, referring to the place where her son said he kissed Holloway alone before her disappearance. "I think it's ridiculous after two-and-a-half years to be doing this."

The brothers were expected to make an initial appearance in an Aruban court Friday, when prosecutors were expected to present the new evidence to a judge.

They are being held in separate jails and Mos said prosecutors believe they should be represented by separate attorneys to prevent a conflict of interest.

The Kalpoe's attorney, David Kock, did not return a call for comment Thursday, but he told a local radio station that the arrests were "an action of despair."

"There was no reason for their arrest now," he said. "We will take all kinds of measures to give our clients their freedom as soon as possible."

A court date in Aruba had not yet been set for van der Sloot.

Wim de Bruin, a spokesman for the Dutch national prosecutor's office, said van der Sloot was expected to appear in a closed Dutch court Thursday and his transfer to Aruba could occur "within several days."

In April, investigators from the Netherlands dug around the home of van der Sloot's family for two days without revealing what prompted the search. Then in May, Dutch and Aruban investigators visited the home where Deepak and Satish Kalpoe live with their parents for what authorities termed an "inspection."

Subscribe to Pravda.Ru Telegram channel, Facebook, RSS!

Author`s name Angela Antonova