Real Madrid striker Ronaldo definitely will not be moving to AC Milan.
"AC Milan has announced that the negotiations regarding the possible transfer of Ronaldo must be considered definitely finished," Milan said Friday in a statement posted on its Web site.
Milan began talks with Real earlier this week in Madrid in a bid to sign the Brazil striker to replace Andriy Shevchenko, who moved to Chelsea in May.
However, the prospective deal reportedly foundered on a disagreement over the transfer fee and Madrid's insistence that Milan midfielder Kaka be included in the deal.
Ronaldo, who turns 30 next month, spent five years in Milan with rival Inter before joining Madrid in 2002.
Subscribe to Pravda.Ru Telegram channel, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, RSS!
Eyewitnesses said that explosions could be heard in the centre of Kyiv. Smoke was seen rising above Zhuliany Airport (Kyiv International Airport)