The law-enforcement bodies of Russia have confiscated more than 500 grams of Afghan heroin in the first six months of the current year. This was stated by general Alexander Sergeyev, head of the Main Department for Struggling Against Illicit Drug Trade of the Russian Interior Ministry. He said that today the "Afghan drug business" is a serious worry not only for Russia, but also for the UN. He noted that 75% of the Afghan heroin remains in Russia, while the remaining 25% is transited to European countries.
The general noted in this connection that it is planned to create a second security belt on the Russian-Kazakhstan border under UN aegis. He explained that 7,000 km stretch is practically unguarded. That is why it has been agreed that the UN would allocate 2-4 million dollars to equip additional customs and police posts.
The general also said that the Interior Ministry of Russia is studying the question of sending to Afghanistan communications officers who will send prompt information and be in constant contact with the law-enforcement bodies of Afghanistan. Apart from that, the question is now being studied on using the Rosaviakosmos systems for exposing illegal opium poppy plantations in Afghanistan.
Subscribe to Pravda.Ru Telegram channel, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, RSS!
The Russian Defense Ministry showed the destruction of foreign armoured vehicles including Leopard tanks in Ukraine