"Good Morning America" covers boy's story about swallowed magnets

"Good Morning America" features today Braden Eberle, a 5-year-old boy from San Jose, who is going to enlarge upon the problem of powerful magnets found in many children's toys and the danger they may cause once swallowed.

This boy knows everything about it through his experience. He himself has fallen victim to such negligence.

It happened last April, when Braden swallowed two small magnets from a toy construction set. The parents were not very much concerned about the case till the boy complained of stomachaches. The examination showed that an immediate surgery was necessary. It turned out that the magnets had pulled toward each other in his upper intestines and were pinching them.

The magnets appeared to contain neodymium, a rare powerful earth metal.

Till now there were also reported 33 injuries and one death from swallowed toy magnets. In safety concerns all the toy containing these magnets were recalled.

Photo: www.life.uiuc.edu

Subscribe to Pravda.Ru Telegram channel, Facebook, RSS!

Author`s name Editorial Team