Devon Energy Corporation reported the results of its first drilling program based on four-component 3D seismic technology in the Gulf of Mexico. The company said it has drilled four natural gas wells this year in the West Cameron area offshore Louisiana with the aid of four-component seismic. All four wells were successful.
Two of these wells are located on West Cameron blocks 534 and 536, where Devon has a 100 percent working interest. Combined initial gross natural gas production from these two wells was 36 million cubic feet per day. The other two wells are located on West Cameron block 532, where Devon has a 67 percent working interest. Combined initial gross production from these two wells was 30 million cubic feet per day. Devon is the operator of all four wells. Newfield Exploration Company holds the remaining 33 percent working interest in the wells on block 532.
The Gulf of Mexico shelf includes areas where shallow gas sands and salt deposits interfere with traditional seismic imaging. Devon is utilizing four-component seismic to help identify hydrocarbon formations lying below these areas of interference. The company has licensed two large four-component seismic surveys in the Gulf of Mexico, covering a total of 660 square miles.
"Four-component seismic is proving to be a useful risk reducing tool in the Gulf," said J. Michael Lacey, senior vice president - exploration and production. "We expect to develop a number of additional drill-ready prospects from our four-component data." Visit to
Russian President Vladimir Putin was right when he said that Russia became stronger since the start of the special military operation in Ukraine