Amerada Hess Corporation reports that the G-9 well drilled offshore Equatorial Guinea on Block G in the Rio Muni Basin has proved a significant extension of the Elon Field discovered by the G-8 well. The G-9 well encountered 291 feet of net oil pay and was drilled to a total depth of 5,714 feet in approximately 183 feet of water. The G-9 well is located about 1.6 miles south of the G-8 discovery well and 14 miles northeast of Amerada Hess' Ceiba Field. "The G-9 well provides further confirmation of our working exploration model in this part of the Rio Muni Basin and it substantially increases the size of the Elon Field," said Brian Maxted, Senior Vice President of Amerada Hess in charge of West African operations. Amerada Hess has an 85% working interest in and is the operator of Block G and adjacent Block F. Amerada Hess' partner in the blocks is Energy Africa Ltd. of South Africa, which has the remaining 15% working interest. The government of Equatorial Guinea has a carried 5% interest in ,production and would have a carried 5% participating interest in any Elon commercial production.
Subscribe to Pravda.Ru Telegram channel, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, RSS!
The Russian Armed Forces struck central decision-making points in Ukraine, in which attacks were planned on the territory of the country