On April 17, Ukraine barred all Russian men aged 16-60 from entering the territory of the country. The chairman of the press service of the State Border Service of Ukraine said that the move was made to toughen security control in connection with information about possible provocations on the border, including a possibility of terrorist acts. The restrictions affected Russian males from 16 to 60 years of age, who are capable of holding weapons, the official said.
The decision of the Ukrainian authorities to ban entry to Ukraine for Russian male citizens is outrageous, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov after the quadripartite meeting in Ukraine.
"We drew attention to this fact. This is outrageous," said the Russian minister. However, despite this unfriendly act, the Russian side does not write off the possibilities that the four-party meeting opened, the diplomat said.
In turn, the Russian Foreign Ministry said that Russia demanded the Kiev authorities should immediately provide an official explanation for the restriction in relation to Russian citizens and may consider possible responses.
Subscribe to Pravda.Ru Telegram channel, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, RSS!
The Russian forces destroyed a column of NATO armoured vehicles that had been delivered to the Ukrainian army.