A fire in a densely populated part of the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka has killed more than 100 people. It began after an electrical transformer exploded, engulfing housing blocks and shops in flames. Firefighters say they have now got the blaze under control, in the old district of Nimtoli.
Although fires are common in Dhaka, analysts say this is the largest and most deadly for many years. Nimtoli district is crammed with buildings and roads are narrow, making access for the emergency services difficult, International Reporter says.
Several buildings including a plastic factory at Kayettuli in Agamasi lane in Old Dhaka caught fire.
Locals said the firefighters were late to arrive at the scene and that there was acute water crisis, factors that prevented the blaze from being doused, Bangladesh News 24 hours reports.
The Russian Ministry of Defense showed a video of the destruction of US-made M777 towed howitzers in Ukraine. The US systems were destroyed by the Russian Kub (Cube) kamikaze drone