Saudi authorities have beheaded a Filipino and a Yemeni national convicted of murdering a Pakistani and a Saudi man, the Interior Ministry said Wednesday.
The Filipino man was convicted of killing a Pakistani by stabbing him to death in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, during a conflict that erupted between the two, the Ministry said in a statement.
Separately, a Yemeni national identified as Yassin bin Saleh Abdu Ahmed, was convicted of killing Mufreh Quradi, a Saudi, using an ax after inviting him at his house in the southern province of Jazan, the Ministry said.
Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islam under which people convicted of murder, drug trafficking, rape and armed robbery can be executed.
Wednesday's execution brought to 87 the number of people beheaded in the kingdom this year. Executions are performed with a sword and in public as a deterrent. The kingdom beheaded 38 people last year and 83 people in 2005.
It is assumed that the fighter will be created using new stealth technologies and have a very large interception range - up to 1,500 kilometers