The family of a Brazilian man killed by police who mistook him for a terrorist retraced his last steps Wednesday to the Underground station where he was shot.
Undercover officers shot and killed Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, aboard a subway train on July 22, a day after four failed attempts to bomb the Underground system and a bus, the AP reminds.
The dead man's parents, Matuzinhos Otone Da Silva and Maria Otone de Menezes, and his brother Giovani Da Silva and other relatives, are in London to meet investigators and lawyers.
"I don't want any mother to feel how I am feeling," his mother said at a news conference, speaking through a translator. "I want justice to be done so that no mother feels the pain that I am going through. In this case, Jean was treated like a mad dog, and no human being should be treated that way."
The family called for the arrest of the officers responsible for the killing.
"They expect those who committed crimes or may have committed crimes to be properly investigated and prosecuted and tried if appropriate," said the family's lawyer, Gareth Peirce.
The family walked back and forth along the platform where the train on which de Menezes died had stopped. They stood silently for a moment and appeared distraught at the spot on the platform close to where he died.
The family has an appointment with the Independent Police Complaints Commission, which is investigating the shooting, on Thursday.
Three senior Brazilian officials visited London last month on a fact-finding mission about the case. One of those officials, Manoel Gomes Pereira, of Brazil's Foreign Ministry, said he did not believe there had been a police cover-up.