Here are the 20 films competing in the 58th Cannes Film Festival, starting May 11. Films are shown according to country and in alphabetical order:
- David Cronenberg, "A History of Violence"
- Atom Egoyan, "Where the Truth Lies"
- Johnny To, "Election"
- Xiaoshuai Wang, "Shanghai Dreams"
- Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenner, "L'Enfant" (The Child)
- Lars Von Trier, "Manderlay"
- Dominik Moll, "Lemming" (festival opener)
- Michael Haneke, Austrian, "Cache" (Hidden)
- Arnaud and Jean-Marie Larrieu, "Peindre ou Faire l'Amour" (Paint Or Make Love)
- Wim Wenders, "Don't Come Knockin"
- Amos Gitai, "Free Zone"
- Hiner Saleem, "Kilometer Zero"
- Marco Tullio Giordana, "Quando Sei Nato Non Puoi Piu Nasconderti" (Once You Are Born)
- Masahiro Kobayashi, "Bashing"
- Carlos Reygadas, "Batalla en el Cielo" (Battle in Heaven)
- Hsiao-Hsien Hou, "The Best of our Times"
- Jim Jarmusch, "Broken Flowers"
- Tommy Lee Jones, "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada"
- Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez, "Sin City"
- Gus Van Sant, "Last Days"
Out of Competition
- Martha Fiennes, "Chromophobia" (festival closer)
Marianna Budanov, the wife of the head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine Kyrylo Budanov, was poisoned. it was said that the woman was diagnosed with heavy metal poisoning