Plastic surgery statistics for 2007 shows great jumps in comparison with the previous years. It turned out that about 11.7 million cosmetic procedures were done in the U.S. in 2007.
The question remains: why a plastic surgery is so popular in spite of high percentage of mishaps and high risks of fatal consequences?
Doctors advise to consider many factors, all pros and cons before undergoing a plastic surgery. Otherwise the problems will haunt you.
Among the popular forms of plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery takes the first place. In 2006, nearly 11 million cosmetic plastic surgeries were performed in the United States alone.
Most cosmetic procedure patients (91 percent) are women. Although men make up a small amount of cosmetic procedure patients, they got 17 percent more procedures in 2007 than in 2006, while the number of procedures for women only rose by 1 percent last year.
Cosmetic surgeries promise to make every one smooth, but what actually happens?
First of all you can come across 2 global problems: unlicensed surgeons and too low prices. The quality of work provided by these conditions leaves much to be desired.
In order to get a plastic surgery degree a plastic surgeon has to complete seven years of school after they finish their medical degree. Then a surgeon has to get certificate from special board – an allowance to perform surgeries.
The most popular procedures among cosmetic surgeries are:
- reshaping and firming of the abdomen
- reshaping of the eyelids or the application of permanent eyeliner
- reshaping of breast (augmentation/reduction/breast lift)
- buttock Augmentation (or "butt augmentation" or "butt implants")
- chemical peel: Minimizing the appearance of acne, pock, and other scars as well as wrinkles
- suction-Assisted Lipectomy (or liposuction): Removal of fat from the body
- injection of dermal fillers (collagen, hyaluronic acid, fat, and others)
It’s strongly recommended for “future” patients to find out everything about plastic surgery, consult a doctor, but do not forget to find out the credibility and safety of the offered procedures and the performer themselves.
As November 4 approaches (on this day, Russia and Belarus are to sign union programs), disputes between supporters and opponents of the integration become increasingly heated