According to one of the versions the attack is connected with the incident that took place in Nalchik the day before. During the investigation conducted after the discovery of a large hiding-place near Belaya Rechka (Nalchik suburb) with about 500 kilograms of explosives ten militants were spotted. "They resisted vehemently. Three militants were killed in the night struggle. Seven others were blocked," deputy interior minister Alexander Chekalin said. By morning the armed gang together with the leader was destroyed.
Militants act in the same way as in previous attacks. However, the law-enforcement bodies were not prepared to this attack. Members of the Federation Council Issa Kostoev (from Ingushetia) and senator from Chechnya Musa Umarov acknowledged this fact.
According to Ingushetia’s representative the attack was organized by the same forces that were responsible for terrorism in Ingushetia, Dagestan and North Ossetia. The band is not solitary. There are certain international forces behind, who finance the militants, ITAR-TASS reports.
Russian minister of internal affairs interrupted his working visited to Luxembourg where he was meant to take part in the meeting of ministers of justice and internal affairs of Russia and the big three of EU.
The reasons for the interruption was the situation in Kabardino-Balaria. Rashid Nurgaliev is constantly provided with the information about the course of operation in Nalchik. “The head of the ministry receives the latest news about the situation in Nalchik in real time and gives orders to his subordinates”, said the personnel of the ministry’s press-center, Interfax reports.
The head of the Joint Staff of Russian Military Forces, general Yuri Baluyevsky said that by Thursday’s evening 59 militants had been destroyed in Nalchik. “200 militants in total attacked Nalchik”, he told journalists in Moscow.
116 people were injured during the operation.13 people were killed.
Meantime, there is only one resistance area left, Interfax reports. A.M.
During a videoconference meeting with students on January 25, Russian President Vladimir Putin answered the question about the "palace," which, as Alexey Navalny claims, is being built especially for the president