Two men suspected of the Bali bombings arrested
The Sydney Morning Herald says today the Indonesian police arrested two men who resemble suspects in the Bali bombings. The second man was detained in Jakarta on yesterday, the island's national police chief, General Da'i Bachtiar, said.
He said the man resembled one of three suspects depicted in composite sketches based on witnesses' accounts following the October 12 blasts on the resort island of Bali that killed nearly 200 people, most of them foreign tourists. Bachtiar said the man had a prior criminal conviction.
Earlier on Tuesday, national police spokesman Colonel Prasetyo said officers in North Sumatra arrested a man who also matched one of the sketches.
He said investigators detained the 28-year-old man, identified only as Zulfan, on Monday after he was found using a fake identity card.
Henry Marconi PRAVDA.Ru Sydney
In a weary world of endless US military interventions, sanctions, trade tariffs and chaos, let’s pause and take stock of the shining house on the hill