At least 35 foreigners were wounded as a result of bomb blasts on the Indonesian resort island of Bali on Saturday, according to a hospital official.
Death figures vary from 12 to 19. However it has been confirmed that there are foreigners among the dead. The Indonesian government said the series of explosions on the resort island of Bali was a terrorist act. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono condemned the violence and left for the island.
Bombs exploded almost simultaneously in two different areas. According to preliminary information provided by police, at least 30 people were killed and wounded.
Local radio quotes eyewitness reports as saying that foreigners were among the victims. At least two people are known to have been killed, and many were hospitalised. Passers-by are helping people to get from under the debris. However this information has not been officially confirmed so far. The Russian Federal Agency for Tourism said it has no information about any Russian citizens who were killed or wounded as a result of bomb blasts on Indonesia’s Bali, Itar-Tass reported.
The Russian Federal Agency for Tourism said it has no information about any Russian citizens who were killed or wounded as a result of bomb blasts on Indonesia’s Bali.
"There should be no Russian who goes to sleep without wondering if they're going to get their throat slit in the middle of the night,” Milley said