Author`s name Dmitry Sudakov

Donetsk Republic officials say another meeting in Minsk not necessary

Acting Defense Minister of the People's Republic of Donetsk, Leonid Baranov, said that the date for the next meeting of the three-sided committee to discuss the situation in the east of Ukraine had not been set yet.

In April of the current year, the Kiev authorities started a military operation in the east of Ukraine against the citizens, who refused to live under the government of the Kiev junta that came to power after the coup in February. After months of bloody clashes, the opposing parties agreed to a truce last week in Minsk, Belarus. The truce came into effect at 19.00 MSK Friday, September 5.

"A new meeting is not yet necessary, previous agreements have not been executed," said Baranov. According to him, the parties are now at the stage of negotiating the details of to implement previous agreements.

In addition, said Baranov, on Monday, negotiators in Minsk (from the Donetsk Republic - Prime Minister Alexander Zakharchenko and Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Purgin) are in Donetsk to mark liberation of the city from Nazi invaders. They physically won't be able to reach Minks in one night," he said, RIA Novosti reports.

Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) will send 59 experienced professionals to Ukraine to monitor the situation. The organization currently hires new observers, said OSCE Chairman Didier Burkhalter.

According to him, as a result of the signing of the Tripartite Protocol in Minsk by representatives of Russia, Ukraine the OSCE and militia, a mechanism of action was developed should conditions of cease-fire be violated.

"The mechanism will be specified in collaboration with the parties during the coming hours and days," said Mr. Burkhalter. Officials also discuss the use of unmanned aerial vehicles as contributions of OSCE member countries to the activities of the Special Observation Mission in Ukraine.

Burkhalter also called on OSCE members to considerably expand the mission by nominating their candidates possessing appropriate skills and knowledge as observers and provide additional funding to the organization, RIA Novosti reports.

Meanwhile, US authorities demand Russia should withdraw its troops from the border with Georgia, said US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said.

"The United States continues to urge Russia to fully withdraw its troops from the Georgian border. We welcome the firmness that Georgia takes on this issue," said Hagel. "Russia's actions here and in Ukraine pose a long-term challenge that the United States and our allies take very seriously. But President Putin's actions have also brought the United States and our friends in Europe, including Georgia, closer together," he said.

Georgia attacked the breakaway republic of South Ossetia in 2008, which led to Russia's immediate response. Western media were absolutely quiet about Georgia's act of war against the territory presumably populated by Russian nationals, but then accused Russia of aggression by saying that it was Russia that attacked Georgia. 

Pravda.Ru