Sleeping badly affects health and fitness. Sleeping well helps weight loss. With high temperatures, the picture may worsen. Check out tips for a peaceful sleep: Hot days are seen as wearing light clothing, outdoor activities, air conditioning, refreshments ... But when night comes, the heat can disrupt rest. The next day, the result is lethargy.
Hot days are seen as wearing light clothing, outdoor activities, air conditioning, refreshments ... But when night comes, the heat can disrupt rest.
Difficulty falling asleep, moving around a lot in bed and waking up repeatedly are some situations faced during periods of high temperatures.
The next day, the result is lethargy. A sleepless night can still cause headaches and lack of concentration. In the long term, sleep deprivation can lead to depression and obesity.
"The ideal is to have an average of seven to eight hours of sleep per night. Both the lack and excess of sleep can be harmful to health," says endocrinologist, Claudia Chang, professor and coordinator of graduate studies in endocrinology of the Institute of Medicine (ISMD).
"It is believed that poor sleep has a central role in the predisposition to weight gain. Even weight loss can harm. Unfortunately, the number of young adults whose sleep duration is less than seven hours per night is very high (almost 40%)," added the doctor.
Those who want a good night's sleep should keep the room airy, the body cool and have a calm head in time to go to bed. "With the heat, stess is often even greater. Leave aside stress and look to disconnect from problems when you go to sleep," argues Claudia.
• Hydrate yourself throughout the day and not just at bedtime, so you don't feel like going to the toilet during the night.
• Beverage stimulants like green tea and coffee should be avoided at night. Caffeine lasts four hours in the body, so the ideal is that the last sip was around 16 hours ago, so as not to disrupt the quality of sleep
• Avoid activities that require a lot of concentration or which raise the level of anxiety (such as action or suspense movies) around the time of sleep
• Cotton and linen sheets are preferable to synthetic ones because they warm up less
• Leave the room airy during the day and, if possible, also lrave a crack in the window at night to circulate the air.
• A fan is a refreshing alternative in the warmer weather. Just be careful that it is not noisy - impairing sleep - and not turned straight on the body, because the wind from it can cause cold, causing you to wake up in the night
• If you prefer air conditioning, remember that it must have a clean filter and run at a comfortable temperature, around 24 degrees. But as the air dries, a tip is to put a bowl of water in the room, to humidify the environment.
• The pillow also contributes to the quality of sleep. It must be ventilated and made of material that prevents the proliferation of mites, fungi and bacteria, which can trigger allergic reactions typical of summer
Translated from the Portuguese version by:
After it turned out that Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Belousov included the Fonbet betting company in the list of backbone enterprises that can count on state support, everyone started talking about these bookmakers.