- •Vice Admiral Joseph Mulloy: China's undersea fleet has surpassed that of the US
- •In Massachusetts, businesses banned from funding political parties
- •CBS: Novaya Gazeta accused Russia of Ukraine incursion plans one year ago
- •The Heritage Foundation: US defense budget should be increased to $584bn
- •The Guardian: Secret CIA prisons available for common Americans
Benjamin Netanyahu decided to make every effort not to let Obama sign the agreement with Iran on its nuclear program. The White House accused the Israeli prime minister of a destructive approach and "destruction of the tissue of relations between the US and Israel." While everyone thinks of themselves, Iran continues building a nuclear bomb
Can international rating agencies junk Russia indeed? Is investing in the Russian economy completely hopeless under Western sanctions, as politicized rating agencies say? Pravda.Ru had a brief interview with political scientist Xavier Moreau during the Yalta conference to discuss these questions
Islamic State has committed yet another atrocity, adding vandalism and desecration of world cultural heritage to its list of crimes. UNESCO has expressed outrage over the attack on Mosul Museum and the destruction of statues and other artefacts, and has called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.